At the end of this course the student will be able to configure ASA Firewalls to:
- Allow configuration via console port, telnet and SSH
- Copy configurations and upgrade OS image.
- Authenticate users using RADIUS and local authentication.
- Act as a DHCP Server, Client and Relay.
- Operate as a Routed or Transparent Firewall.
- Operate in Failover mode.
- Support VLANs.
- Run routing protocols (OSPF and RIP) and exchange routing information with Cisco routers.
- Support Access Control Lists and content filtering.
- Support Object Grouping.
- Establish Internet connections using NAT and PAT.
- Setup site to site VPN's using IKE and IPSec.
- Setup Remote Access VPN's using Cisco secure VPN client.
- Setup Web VPN's
- Log access-list activity using a syslog server.
- Send traps to an SNMP Server.
- Password recovery
- Lab Exercise 1: Basic Configuration of Cisco ASA.
- Lab Exercise 2: Configure support for VLANs on ASA.
- Lab Exercise 3: Connectivity via Telnet and Local/RADIUS authentication.
- Lab Exercise 4: Configure Static and Dynamic routing on ASA.
- Lab Exercise 5: Filter traffic using Access Control Lists.
- Lab Exercise 6: Configure NAT on ASA.
- Lab Exercise 7: Configure VPN's on ASA.
- Lab Exercise 8: Configure Active/Standby Failover on ASA/Pix.
- Lab Exercise 9: Password Recovery on Cisco ASA.
Equipment Used in Practical Exercises:
- 4 Cisco ASA 5505 Firewalls running v8 of the CLI and capable of Active/Standby Failover. Pix 515E firewalls running v8 of the CLI, Cisco routers, switches and hubs as required.
- Delegates should be familiar with network technologies and have a good understanding of TCP/IP.
- Previous experience of Cisco IOS would be an advantage.
Curse is good for people who never touch cisco devices and is a little bit to low for people who had already contact with cisco devices
Tomasz Janek - Unit4 Business Software Holding B.V.
Information about new application and updates from cisco
Muhammad Al-Hafidzi - Unit4 Business Software Holding B.V.
reaffirm my knowledge and learn many new things